dazuko-help

[Dazuko-help] Dazuko on RedHat 9: load module at boot

From: Thibault North
Subject: [Dazuko-help] Dazuko on RedHat 9: load module at boot
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 14:52:12 +0200

Hello,
I could install dazuko without problems after having compiled a kernel.
The module loads well without error message using /sbin/insmod dazuko.o

Now, I would like this module to be inserted at each boot.
I read here there are two ways of doing that :
1) create a script that inserts the module (which I don't really like ... )
2) use depmod to let the system automatically load the module.

For that, I did copy the module in /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/fs/
(here, or in misc/), and tried /sbin/depmod -ae.
I got a warning about Unresolved symbols, these ones :
dput, getname, __wake_up, __generic_copy_from_user, path_release,
kmem_cache_free ... printk, etc.
I also read here that it could be a problem from redhat:

(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/dazuko-help/2005-02/msg00005.html)
"The "System.map" file contains a list of all the kernel symbols. I
suspect that the System.map file on your system either doesn't match
the kernel that is being used or has been stripped down by RedHat for
security reasons. depmod uses this file for determining symbol
dependency problems. This means that depmod thinks there are problems,
but in reality there are no problems."

Can I rely on that ?
My configuration is : Dazuko 2.3.3 on RedHat 9, i686, kernel 2.4.20
(just compiled, so shares the same sources than dazuko)

Thanks,
TNorth