dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] loading dazuko on bootup (SUSE10.0 -retail verson)

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] loading dazuko on bootup (SUSE10.0 -retail verson)
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 12:12:22 +0100

russbucket wrote:
> John , just disable the Novell App_Armour application and added dazuko and
> capabily to load modules and the subdomain error is gone. Got the following
> that I understand is not a problem:
>
> Jan  3 12:27:41 linux kernel: dazuko: module not supported by Novell, setting
> U taint flag.
> Jan  3 12:27:41 linux kernel: dazuko: loaded, version=2.1.0

This "flag" is used by Novell to mark kernel modules as "supported". Anyone
could set this flag, but only Novell is supposed to do it. I have already
sent a request to Novell asking if we may set the flag in the Dazuko project
(since Dazuko is included with Novell).

(In the past, this flag was always set in SuSE's version of Dazuko. Maybe
they forgot to do it for the SuSE 10 package. ??)

Anyway, the message is just Novell's way of communicating that they don't
support that module officially. It does not cause and technical issues.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer