dazuko-help

[Dazuko-help] Open-Write Access

From: Robert Hogan
Subject: [Dazuko-help] Open-Write Access
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:37:23 +0000

Hi there,

I'm want my dazuko client to look at files only when they are opened with a
write-type flag (e.g. O_APPEND, O_RDWR, O_TRUNC etc.). I know fcntl() can
change certain access flags after a file is opened, but my understanding is
that it can't change a read access to a write access. Am I wrong in thinking
this? Is there any kind of write-activity such an approach would
inadvertently miss? (Because of the performance overhead, I'm trying to
avoid keeping checksums of files as they are opened and then comparing them
when closed.)

Regards,
Robert