dazuko-help

[Dazuko-help] Re: ON_CLOSE_MODIFIED and ON_EXEC events

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-help] Re: ON_CLOSE_MODIFIED and ON_EXEC events
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:49:15 +0100

Frantisek Mensik wrote:
I've installed dazuko-2.0.5 on my box (Gentoo-r5, kernel 2.4.28, samba-3.0.11) enabling also ON_CLOSE_MODIFIED event. It works OK when I works with files from the Linux, all events was generated. But when I try to write to a file of execute it from MS Windows, ON_CLOSE_MODIFIED or ON_EXEC events wasn't generated.
Is the problem in my samba instalation or in the dazuko instalation?

Hi,

ON_EXEC events only occur when your Linux System executes a file. When you are sharing files over Samba, the files may be executed from the remote Windows machine but they are not being executed locally. This is why you do not receive ON_EXEC events.

ON_CLOSE_MODIFIED is not implemented reliably. It is recommended that your application tracks if files have been modified.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer