[Cp-tools-discuss] Re: Planning to check-in new branch: the GIOP extensi

From: Thomas Fitzsimmons
Subject: [Cp-tools-discuss] Re: Planning to check-in new branch: the GIOP extensions for rmic.
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 13:52:17 -0500

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 18:04 +0100, Audrius Meskauskas wrote:
> I have just finished writing the GIOP stub and tie code generator that
> is needed to develop the applications, using javax.rmi.CORBA package. It
> generates stubs and two required types of ties. I tested it with our x5
> CORBA game: the generated stubs and ties seem interoperating well with
> the code, generated by the Sun's rmic.
>
> Implementing this functionality fixes the bug 25704.
>
> Initially, I wanted to put the new classed to cp-tools branch.

I'd prefer if this tool were committed directly to GNU Classpath CVS.
It's much more convenient for bundlers of GNU Classpath (GCJ, Kaffe) if
the tools sources are right in cvs.savannah.gnu.org:/sources/classpath.
It means that we can do one source drop (GNU Classpath) instead of two
(GNU Classpath + cp-tools) and it will likely mean everyone will just
use the Classpath tools rather than everyone writing their own (e.g.
fastjar vs. jar).  In fact, long term, I'd rather see all of the tools
in cp-tools merged into cvs.savannah.gnu.org:/sources/classpath and used
by all bundlers of GNU Classpath.  Toward that end, I plan to propose
merging gcjappletviewer into GNU Classpath once the security work is
done.

Tom