Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] java assembler/disassembler

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] java assembler/disassembler
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 14:59:37 -0700

Daniel Reynaud wrote:
However I have not found any tools for generating invalid class files easily, I have therefore decided to write my own.

From what I've seen of it, the ASM framework (http://asm.objectweb.org/)
looks elegant, and it appears to have an acceptable (BSD-like) license.
There is also an Eclipse plugin based on it.
If we're going to replace or standardize on new tools, I suggest we
might consider building on ASM.  I don't see know if there are good
assembler and/or disassemblers built in ASM, though.  (There is at
least a bare-bones disassembler, since the Eclipse plug does that.)
Also, I don't know if the framework could be tweak to handle or generate
malformed classfiles.
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://per.bothner.com/