Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] gjdoc-0.7.1-pre1

From: Julian Scheid
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] gjdoc-0.7.1-pre1
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 02:16:25 +0100

Elliott Hughes wrote:
that's too many colors on one line for anyone, surely?

You can use -stylesheet to override the colors or, for that matter, all other aspects of the presentation. Take a look at resources/*-color1.css, when it comes to syntax highlighting it should be pretty self-explanatory. Just put in a couple of #RRGGBB values.

As you can see, I already separated color from layout in anticipation of requests like yours.

For the time being you have to merge both stylesheets into one, modify that and feed it to -stylesheet. I plan to simplify this in the future.

Note that for the next version I also plan to overhaul the CSS class naming in the HTML output, so you might have to port your modifications at one point.

If you come up with a better readable color scheme, please send it this way. I didn't spend much time on the current one and I agree, it's too colorful.

By the way, I very much doubt that anyone can come up with a style that pleases every eye, but noone's stopping us from shipping multiple sheets which the user can choose from (on the command line and/or in his browser.) The more styles gjdoc offers to choose from, the better.

Julian

PS, this is a nice tool:
http://wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme2/index-en.html