Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Compiling gjdoc from CVS with automake

From: Julian Scheid
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Compiling gjdoc from CVS with automake
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 19:34:54 +0100

Andrew Overholt wrote:
CLASSPATH=/home/overholt/sources/gjdoc/src/resources gjdoc -d `pwd` org.gnu.gtk

On a side note, -d can now be omitted which will cause results to be dumped into the current directory. so "-d `pwd`" is unnecessary meanwhile (or at least, it should be ;).

I'm having issues with:

1. the resources ... we should compile the txt files that gjdoc is
   referencing as gcj resources or something

As I told Andrew on #classpath already, everything under src/resources should be compiled in as resources (though there might be some old, unused files in there ATM.)

Not sure, but perhaps the Makefile should auto-collect the resources just as the ant build file does? I'll probably keep adding resources and may rename/move/remove some of them, so it could make things easier for the time being.

2. java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: At position 108 in regular
   expression pattern (in AuthorTaglet.java) [1]

This seems to be a bug in Classpath's regex package. I submitted a bug report and committed a workaround for gjdoc to CVS.

3. I/O warning : failed to load external entity "../gjdoc_common.xsl"
   compilation error: element include
   xsl:include : unable to load ../gjdoc_common.xsl

I'll look into this later. It's probably related to the jar: URIs used for accessing the resources, and/or a problem with base URIs in gnujaxp.

Julian