Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Compiling gjdoc from CVS with automake

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Compiling gjdoc from CVS with automake
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 05:02:56 -0800

JS> Hi Alex,
JS> Alex Lancaster wrote:
>> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -l-javax-xml-transform

JS> I figured that one out, you need Anthony Green's rhug:
JS> http://sources.redhat.com/rhug/ I recommend to only make the xalan
JS> and xerces directories and not the full rhug package since it's
JS> quiet heavy and these are the only two needed.

Hmm, that should probably go in the README and the configure script
should check for that if it is required, because it thinks it has
found it when it finds gnujaxp.jar, so I'm not sure exactly what it's
supposed to be checking when it does that test.

JS> But I ran into other problems during linking later and finally
JS> gave up, figuring that the Makefile-based build will be much
JS> smoother anyway once we can use Chris Burdess' pure-Java JAXP
JS> implementation.

I still don't understand why it doesn't work with JAXP (which is pure
Java isn't it?) when I can see the relevant classes in the gnujaxp.jar
file and why it seems to be checking for a shared library.

By the way, how do you currently build gjdoc, still with ANT?

Alex