[Cp-tools-discuss] How to run gjdoc with kaffe

From: Arnaud Vandyck
Subject: [Cp-tools-discuss] How to run gjdoc with kaffe
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 01:29:32 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

I tried to run gjdoc with kaffe today and succeed after applying some
patches.

First, I'd like to reference the Mark's mail with the null String adding
a char (String s may be null; s+='a' have to be "nulla", kaffe throws a
NullPointerException). I patch this in SerialFieldTagImpl[1].

Before that, I got a problem with the '-help' argument throwing a
NullPointerException. I got to patch Main[2].

I also did patch ClassDocProxy[3] to get rid of a warning at
compilation.

The result is kaffe can run gjdoc with 'xmlonly' argument (gjdoc only
generate the xml doclet, but I did not succeed in transforming the xml
doclet in html or something else with xslt. gjdoc complains because of
saxon not found (even when in the classpath).

This is a first (IMHO important) step in having a `javadoc' like tool in
kaffe. I'll try to investigate to transform xml with xslt using xsltproc
or something else.

Best Regards,

-- Arnaud Vandyck, STE fi, ULg
   Formateur Cellule Programmation.