Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Re: Automakejar - make install

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Re: Automakejar - make install
Date: 11 Mar 2003 11:16:43 +0000

Brian Jones <address@hidden> writes:

> Nic Ferrier <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > 3. Do you think, in this instance, that we should install gnujaxp.jar
> >    if it doesn't already exist.
>
> I included GNU JAXP into GNU Classpath with release 0.05.  It isn't a
> separate .jar just yet... maybe it should be.  Let me know.

Sorry that I didn't get round to that... work has been very busy over
the last 3 months.

What I hope to do is build 3 jar files:

- gnujaxp-javax.jar  with just the FREE javax.xml stuff

- gnujaxp-impl.jar   with the aelfred implementation

- gnujaxp.jar        the whole thing as one jar file

So the test for gnujaxp would be become a property enquiry of your VM
or a test for one or more of the above files.

I'm not sure how this would translate into GCJ native librarys
though. Not even sure how propertys work with such things.

Nic