[Cp-tools-discuss] Re: Automakejar - make install

From: Julian Scheid
Subject: [Cp-tools-discuss] Re: Automakejar - make install
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:44:36 +0100

Nic Ferrier wrote:
JAXP has bugs with GCJ that I've found... I wanted to fix
them... then when I looked at the build file I thought "I want to fix
that first". Then when I looked at automakejar I got depressed and
rewrote it so I'd like to integrate it with the new script...

I know that. So many loose ends... but don't let it bring you down =P

By the way, which new script?

I'm happy now with JAXP, no complaints, great package - except the
make install thing. I think it's important to freeze the current state
so that there is a release that is known to work with gcj 3.3, the
compiler I want to recommend for LibxmlJ and gjdoc.
Only problem is that there is no final gcj 3.3 release either, and
3.2.x doesn't work.

Have you got any idea if it's simple adding a new target type to
automake?

> I want to be able to run a script over files that are registered as
> automake dependancies.

First of all, I am not an Automake pro, not at all. I'm glad I managed
to put the build files for LibxmlJ together, I just spent half an
hour fixing another bug in Makefile.am.

What do you mean with 'registered as automake dependancies', do you mean
the value of the foo_DEPENDENCIES automake variable? In this case, a
variable of the same name is defined in the Makefile. If this doesn't
help, please be more specific.

Julian