[Cp-tools-discuss] libxmlj

From: Julian Scheid
Subject: [Cp-tools-discuss] libxmlj
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 13:28:43 +0100

As I briefly announced yesterday, I'll have a rudimentary JAXP wrapper
for libxslt finished later today. This wrapper provides all XSLT
functionality required by Gjdoc, but should be useful for other
projects as well.

Also, because it contains native code, I would like to avoid putting it
into the Gjdoc tree as it would make the build process more complex -
unnecessarily complex for people who don't want to use libxml2.
Therefore I propose to create a new subproject for this wrapper.

We should call it "libxmlj" or "libxml2j" so that when Nic adds
wrappers for other parts of the library (i.e. XML parsing) they can go
into the same subtree. I think this would be better than having both
"libxmlj" and "libxsltj" in two different subprojects.
I'd prefer "libxmlj" over "libxml2j" because the latter sounds like a
conversion application.

Any objections? Can I create the subproject myself, using standard CVS
commands?

Julian