Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Relax NG

From: Julian Scheid
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Relax NG
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 02:00:37 +0100

I've checked in a Relax NG grammar describing the XML documents output
by Gjdoc. Gjdoc output validates against it, and it in turn validates
against the self-describing Relax NG grammar (i.e. it is valid RNG.)
I used Jing to verify that:
http://www.thaiopensource.com/relaxng/jing.html

I can also successfully convert it to XML Schema using Trang:
http://www.thaiopensource.com/relaxng/trang.html

The generated schema validates against the XML Schema Recommendation,
as checked on http://www.w3.org/2001/03/webdata/xsv
I have not tried to use the Schema grammar to validate Gjdoc output,
though.

Conversion to DTD is not possible, because Gjdoc XML documents are
composed of both tags in the Gjdoc namespace and tags in the HTML
namespace (those copied from the javadoc comments.) As DTD doesn't
support namespaces, there is no representation of the dual-namespace
RNG grammar. Anybody got an idea how to work around this problem?

Still, the Relax NG grammar should be useful alone because it is a
specification of the two Gjdoc XML vocabularies - one for the Index
file and one for the ClassDoc files - along with a quiet complete
documentation of the individual elements and attributes. I hope people
who want to process Gjdoc output will find this information useful.

Julian