Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Re: gjdoc

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Re: gjdoc
Date: 15 Jan 2003 14:45:30 -0500

Julian Scheid <address@hidden> writes:

> Per-class copyrights could be done via Taglets - which
> I'd have to implement first, though. OTOH, this is
> anyway on the to-do list, and not a big deal I expect.
> It would then become necessary to add a "@copyright"
> tag to every source file.
> Per-package copyright should be possible the same way.

If we end up needing to put the @copyright into each class then we've
effectively handled the packages anyway and won't need that.  This
might work out better anyway since copyright dates are only supposed
to be updated when the file is updated and so each class's javadoc
could actually have different copyright dates, owner, etc.

> As to the one-step process, I thought about that too.
> Piping is not an option, however, as the full XML sources
> must be available when the XSLT process starts, for
> interlinking purposes. We would therefore need to work
> with a temporary directory, but I assume this is no
> problem.

I looked at the work done for the Debian package and it seems
reasonable.  They wrap the process with a script that uses a temporary
directory behind the scenes.  I'll likely try to get that or something
similar into the project distribution.

> How far is XSLT integration into Classpath? Pure-Java
> XSLT is slower than Xsltproc, but gjdoc would then have
> no additional dependencies aside from Classpath and
> Classpathx. Use of Xsltproc could be enabled optionally.

JAXP from ClasspathX should be arriving shortly, but I don't know if
that provides XSLT in the manner you're thinking.

> Apropos stylesheet, a friend of mine will prepare a
> new CSS sheet for gjdoc HTML output. He is a quiet
> talented artist so I expect he will come up with
> something nicer than my humble design.
> Will he be required to sign the papers for a one-time
> contribution?

There is something similar for a one-time contribution to the
past/future document you signed.  He could mark it as public domain
instead if he wishes and we could use it then as well without the need
for paperwork.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>