[Cp-tools-discuss] Re: gjdoc

From: Brian Jones
Subject: [Cp-tools-discuss] Re: gjdoc
Date: 11 Jan 2003 16:34:14 -0500

Mark Howard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>   I've been working on updated Debian packages for gjdoc, mostly
> involving Debian specific changes. I've been doing much testing - gjdoc
> works well most of the time; however gjdoc has trouble finding classes
> when they are interfaces. For example, it wouldn't be able to find
> SortedSet in the method
> public SortedSet getSSet(){ ... }
>
> This would produce output like
> ERROR: Class not found 'SortedSet' in class 'java.util.Collections'
> member 'synchronizedSortedSet'
>
> Is this a simple problem which can be fixed?
> -----
> Second problem:
> The gjdocxml2html.sh script doesn't convert xml character sequences
> (e/g/ &lt;) back to the correct character, so they will appear in the
> html output. Unfortunately, I've never used xsl, so I'm hoping someone
> on this list will be able to work out how to fix this quicker than I
> can.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help with these problems, and thanks for
> working on such a useful tool.

I don't know.  I believe we're looking for a new owner of this tool
development-wise.  Perhaps you could enter these problems as bugs on
Savannah?  I'm interested in fixing these things, but it is currently
low on my priority list.

I'd like to ask you about how you package gjdoc and related tools.
I'm interested in providing appropriate scripts to the end user to
install.  With the plethora of potential JVMs + GCJ binaries... I'm
not sure how to handle this.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>