[Cp-tools-discuss] gjdoc in Debian now, what about javap and javah ?

From: Grzegorz Prokopski
Subject: [Cp-tools-discuss] gjdoc in Debian now, what about javap and javah ?
Date: 06 Nov 2002 14:55:43 +0100

Hi!

Just FYI, gjdoc has been uploaded and accepted into Debian unstable
archive. There are two resulting binary packages, one for standard
JVMs (which unfortunatelly doesn't work yet, at least w/ SableVM),
and gjdoc-native, which is proven to work.

It must be said that Mark Howard <address@hidden> has put some work
into this package to get it usable.

There is a javadoc wrapper and javadoc alternative provided.
It is not yet tested how javadoc compatible it is, but I'll
try to get some real-world results.

On my disk I also have prepared a version of cp-tools package
which provides javah and javap tools. It is not uploaded yet
however.

What would you suggest about them? Are they ready to be used?
AFAIR I had to fetch some parts of year or two yers old kawa CVS
to get gnu.bytecode.* parts working with cp-tools.
Probably cp-tools should be updated to use more current
parts of kawa CVS?

Is anyone working on solving it?
Last I asked - it was on somebody's TODO list AFAIR.

On one hand - the package seems ready, but OTOH - it's not.
What should I do?

Regards

                                        Grzegorz B. Prokopski