[Cp-tools-discuss] packaging cp-tools for debian

From: Grzegorz Prokopski
Subject: [Cp-tools-discuss] packaging cp-tools for debian
Date: 13 Aug 2002 02:53:49 +0200

Hello!

It is a bit longer story (see http://bugs.debian.org/156407 ) but I'd
like to package cp-tools part of cp-tools: javah, javap and serialver.
I see I will have to also package kawa - let it be (ah - those
neverending dependencies ;-)

For tests I fetched kawa-1.6.99.jar and while I am trying to compile
(using jikes + gnu classpath + kawa.jar as classpath) I am getting:

address@hidden:~/deb-pkgs/cp-tools/cp-tools-0.0.20020812$ (cd src; jikes
-classpath /usr/lib/sablevm/classes-1.0.1:/tmp/kawa-1.6.99.jar `find .
-name \*.java`)

Found 5 semantic errors compiling "gnu/classpath/tools/Javap.java":

  1075.         String[][] innerClassNames = innerClassAttr.getClassNames ();

<----------------------------->
*** Error: No method named "getClassNames" was found in type
"gnu/bytecode/InnerClassesAttr".

  1231.                                         buf.append (var.getStartPC ());

<--------------->
*** Error: No method named "getStartPC" was found in type
"gnu/bytecode/Variable".

  1233.                                         buf.append (var.getEndPC () -
var.getStartPC ());

<------------->
*** Error: No method named "getEndPC" was found in type
"gnu/bytecode/Variable".

  1233.                                         buf.append (var.getEndPC () -
var.getStartPC ());

<--------------->
*** Error: No method named "getStartPC" was found in type
"gnu/bytecode/Variable".

  1235.                                         buf.append (var.getOffset ());

*** Error: No method named "getOffset" was found in type
"gnu/bytecode/Variable".

Is anyone maintaining this code? Can I count on that it will be fixed in
resonable time? (I ask because it seems that last change to *.java files
I am intersted in - was done 9 months ago)

Please Cc: me on the reply as I am _not_ subscribed to the list.

Best regards

                                                Grzegorz B. Prokopski