[Cp-tools-discuss] Re: Gjdoc now runs on full classpath tree

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: [Cp-tools-discuss] Re: Gjdoc now runs on full classpath tree
Date: 09 May 2002 22:43:14 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 18:56, Julian Scheid wrote:
> we can now run it on the full Classpath source
> (including javax.* packages) without a single error
> or warning message.
Yeah! Thanks Julian.

> Where to go from here:
> - Now that it basically works, we should verify that
> Gjdocs output is error-free.

I know of two things:
  - Array method return types don't get the correct dimension.
    See for example java.util.List.toArray().
  - Sometimes the first sentence detection seems to fail.
    See the summary of java.util.TimerTask.cancel().

Speaking of java.util.TimerTask, should a code tag be treated as a pre
tag? See the example code in the class description.

And it would be nice to generate the documentation of each package in a
separate directory. Currently a full run over Classpath gives you one
big directory with 1350 html files.

I looked at some other GNU projects that produce API documentation and
we might want to see if we can handle those:

http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/api/
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpathx/crypto/api/
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpathx/jaxp/

There are probably more. It would be nice if we could link them together
without needing to get all source files and putting them in one
directory. So you could have one file that lists the base URL of
'missing' classes/packages.

Cheers,

Mark