(C) assignment (was Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Re: Patch Manager)

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: (C) assignment (was Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Re: Patch Manager)
Date: 09 May 2002 04:35:27 -0700

[...]

>> > Can you confirm the (C) assignment issue, Mark, then I'll just
>> add you > as a project developer, and you can commit all your own
>> patches to CVS > and close them in the Patch Manager... ;-)
>>
>> Yes, a copyright assignment paper is on file with the FSF for GNU
>> Classpath. Brian Jones or Nic Ferrier should be able to verify
>> that.

NF> I'm not sure that's relevant for cp-tools. Brian will have to
NF> confirm, if it isn't I'm sure that he can make it so by defining
NF> cp-tools as part of classpath.

The papers I signed were for Classpath proper, so AFAICT, from a (C)
assignment point of view, cp-tools is simply part of classpath.  This
was my original understanding with Brian, and I think Julian's too.
Therefore it's what I listed on the main FSF webpage for classpath
tools as having the classpath license.  Having a separate project at
savannah was simply for convenience and to enable us to more easily
manage the continuing release of texidoclet/texinfo-doclet as a
stand-alone doclet as well as being part of classpath.

So, as far as I'm concerned, Mark's (C) assignment to classpath is
good enough for me, so I'm going to go ahead add Mark as a developer,
we can always back off changes later if we need to (which I'm 100%
certain we won't need to do ;-))

[...]

Alex
--