Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Re: Patch Manager

From: nferrier
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Re: Patch Manager
Date: 09 May 2002 11:21:21 +0100

Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,

> > Can you confirm the (C) assignment issue, Mark, then I'll just add you
> > as a project developer, and you can commit all your own patches to CVS
> > and close them in the Patch Manager... ;-)
>
> Yes, a copyright assignment paper is on file with the FSF for GNU
> Classpath. Brian Jones or Nic Ferrier should be able to verify
> that.

I'm not sure that's relevant for cp-tools. Brian will have to confirm,
if it isn't I'm sure that he can make it so by defining cp-tools as
part of classpath.

> To get this working correctly we will also need to update the build
> architecture. Currently I just compile by hand with gcj since I don't
> really understand the Makefile. I understand that Nic Ferrier has
> something called automakejar, but I have not investigated it yet. Is
> that what we want to use?

automakejar is like automake but for java. It creates make targets that
compile java using @files. Unlike automake it doesn't create multiple
make files.

It should be portable to cygwin (and GNU win32 native) but I don't
have a windows development box (lucky me!) so I can't test it.

There is an automakejar example in the texinfo doclet module. Another
example is the paperclips project.

> My ultimate goal is to use gjdoc for generating nice looking javadoc for
> GNU Classpath and later with the texidoclet to generate something which
> might resemble something like a real manual for it.

My goal too!

I hope that we can use this for the ClasspathX project and other
projects and publish a single "GNU-java" manual with:

  GCJ
  Classpath
  ClasspathX (jaxp, mail, jndi)

  Scripting with Kawa
  Writing webapps with Paperclips

This is a long way off... but it's good to have a goal.

Nic