Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] need to finish off the CVS reorg

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] need to finish off the CVS reorg
Date: 06 May 2002 05:50:07 -0700

[...]

NF> Whoops!

NF> I've done it now.

NF> The top-level CVS now contains:

NF>   cp-tools the dev kit tools gjdoc the corrected gjdoc module
NF> texinfo-doclet the texinfo doclet module original-gjdoc a copy of
NF> the pre-corrected module original-texinfo-doclet the doclet source
NF> from the cp-tools module

NF> The last two modules are for backup purposes only. Don't use them
NF> in real life.

NF> Note that this will break existing CVS checkouts so be careful!!

NF> If anyone has changes in an existing working directory they should
NF> either tell me (and I'll move the old stuff back) or update their
NF> CVS pointers to point to the "original" modules.

NF> (If you do the latter you should also tell me!)

Thanks Nic,

And let's completely remove those "original-*" modules real soon now.
Julian, myself and you are the only people I know who are actually
writing to CVS.  I'm ready to move to the new structure, I assume that
you are too.  So as soon as Julian says he's ready, I say remove them
too and be done with it.

As I said before, the only possible things changing the directory
could break is the build system, but as said before, it's already
pretty broken , and one way to motivate me to fix it, is to have the
repository in the "canonical" setup, otherwise I'll just keep
waiting...

Another reason I'm not concerned about breaking things, is that it's
always possible to build manually if you know where all the source
is.  I mean, it's not like we're removing files.

I think we should also change "cp-tools" to "misc" or somesuch, to
indicate that it doesn't contain most of the tools, but I'm not too
worried about it, if you think it makes sense to stay the way it is.

Alex
--
    Alex Lancaster * address@hidden * SourceForge Developer