[Cp-tools-discuss] automakejar based build system

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: [Cp-tools-discuss] automakejar based build system
Date: 24 Apr 2002 00:05:39 +0100

I have dropped my example build system into the texinfo doclet module.

Please try it out and see what you think.

The system uses a Makefile template, Makefile.aj to express the
dependancies of a jar file. A sed script is run over the template to
generate a real Makefile (or in this case a Makefile.in) with real
targets.

The jar targets are quite complex but also quite cool, they do simple
dependancy tracking with source files -> class files -> jar file.

The source file list is passed to the java compiler in an @ file
rather than on the command line (which can cause problems with long
file lists and small command line buffers).

The file HACKING explains what to do to get the build working.

I'd be really interested to hear what you guys think about this.

Nic

PS Sorry it's taken me so long.