Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] cvs re-org and contributors/copyright assignment

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] cvs re-org and contributors/copyright assignment
Date: 22 Apr 2002 03:58:30 -0700

[...]

>> 20 or 30 lines would be substantial. Whole new features would be
>> substantial.
>> > I think he'd like to be a developer with CVS write access, which
>> is > fine with me, but I want to make sure that all is well as far
>> as the > (C) issue is concerned, do all developers with CVS write
>> access to GNU > projects need to sign forms etc?
>>
>> Yes.

DS> I discovered some bugs and missing features in texidoclet and I
DS> wanted a place to commit the deltas.  I'm happy to assign
DS> copyright for this sort of thing, just show me where to sign.

Danny,

I think what Nic is saying is that it shouldn't be necessary for (C)
with these patches (since they're pretty short).  However if you're
interested in becoming a developer (i.e. get CVS write access) then
you can do a "one-off" (C) assignment to the FSF (like Julian, Nic and
myself have all done) for all *future* changes to classpath, and you
wouldn't need to keep singing papers if you wanted to make changes.  I
think you could make the agreement global to all of classpath
(i.e. classpath proper, classpath-tools and perhaps classpathx).

I'll go ahead and install your patches soon.

Thanks again!

Alex
--
    Alex Lancaster * address@hidden * SourceForge Developer