Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] XML doclet name

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] XML doclet name
Date: 25 Feb 2002 10:07:10 +0000

Julian Scheid <address@hidden> writes:

> Not only Sun and Apache efforts for writing Javadoc as XML
> are named XMLDoclet. See http://www.google.com/search?q=XmlDoclet
>
> So we should come up with a different name I suppose.
> What about "gjdocxml" or "gjxmldoclet"? Any suggestion?
>
> We need names for the following too:
> (my suggestion in brackets)
>
> - xml namespace prefix ("gjdoc:")
> - xml namespace url ("http://www.gnu.org/software/cp-tools/gjdoc";)
> - xml dtd file name ("gjdoc.dtd")
> - xml dtd url ("http://www.gnu.org/software/cp-tools/gjdoc.dtd";)
> - xsl sheet ("gjdoc2html.xsl")
>
> Let me know what you think of these, I'm especially unsure about
> the URLs... is there anything like a GNU XML standard?

 There is no GNU standard AFAIK but what you've done is similar to
 what I've done on the GNU-Paperclips project.

I think you're suggestions look fine, just rememeber to put the DTD
on the website.

I will move the CVS around today. I'll keep a copy though, so if yo
have not checked everything in then let me know and I'll just restore
it.

Nic