Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] shape of the CVS

From: Julian Scheid
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] shape of the CVS
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:44:55 +0100

Alex Lancaster wrote:
I've no real objections to having the extra src/ directory, I'm not
dogmatic about it.  It just seems that the various GNU Java projects
are "galloping in all directions at once" with respect to this and I
figured it would be better to adhere to at least some defacto standard
(even if ill-defined) than coming up with yet another convention to
avoid confusion.
> [...]
If all the GNU Java projects were be heading in the same direction, it
would be great.  If by adopting this new convention (i.e. by being a
project that uses it) then it would make it more likely that it will
become a (at least defacto) standard, do you think it would help
projects like classpath and others to follow?  (I know that Nic
initiated some discussion on the javaweb-people list on this subject,
Nic, was there any rough consensus from that discussion?)  If so, then
I say go with the src/.

I see your points. So what now? I'd favor a src/ subdirectory, but I'm
not dogmatic about it either. I'll leave the decision to you Alex.

Julian