circle-discuss

[circle] Circle is very slow to transfer files between Linux and win32

From: Asheesh Laroia
Subject: [circle] Circle is very slow to transfer files between Linux and win32
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 02:08:53 -0400 (EDT)

I am running Circle CVS on 1 Linux machine and one dual-boot Debian/WinXP
machine.  This is on a 10 megabit switched internal LAN.

The Linux machine can download files just fine from the rest of the
Circle at large.  The Windows machine downloads at 65 KB/s from the Linux
machine; when booted into Debian, it gets 350 KB/s.

Now, other protocols get as high as 800 to 1000 KB/s on this network, so
I'd like to increase the ceiling.  But I'm particularly worried about the
even more extremely slow win32 speed because, well, it's much worse, so
there's more to be done there.

I was talking with Nathan on #circle about this, and he suggested that I
talk to Peter.  So, Peter, please get in touch with me.  This is for my
300-strong deployment I'm planning, and I'd really love to deploy Circle
for it.

Thanks everyone for your ongoing support.

-- Asheesh.

--
For adult education nothing beats children.