Not compiling statically

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Not compiling statically
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 00:01:06 -0600

Hi everyone. Sorry if this is an obvious question, but can I *not* compile an
extension statically?

In other words, I’m trying to build chickadee, and I believe it's taking around
twice as long as expected because it is building every egg dependency
dynamically and then again statically.

Is it possible to not do this? This seems to be controlled by
`default-extension-linkage` and by each individual extension with the `linkage`
property, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to control this at runtime or
build a whole set of dependencies dynamically only.

Jim