[Chicken-users] benchmarking tight u8vector loop

From: Kristian Lein-Mathisen
Subject: [Chicken-users] benchmarking tight u8vector loop
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 23:34:20 +0200

Hi,

Attached is a benchmarking test that resizes a u8vector of RGB pixels into half the size in each dimension using a pixel average.

I applied Peter's patch which inlines vector-ref and vector-set! procedures:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/chicken-hackers/2019-04/msg00041.html

With this patch, I see about a 2x speedup which is nice. I see vector_ref and vector_set in the generated C code. However, the C code still has a continuation call inside the main loop. Maybe someone can look into why this is happening.

K.
PS. `convert` comes from imagemagick on most distros