[certi-dev] RTIG process behavior

From: Gilles LASNIER
Subject: [certi-dev] RTIG process behavior
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 15:05:15 -0700

Hi everybody,

I'm Gilles Lasnier, postdoctoral researcher at ISAE/Supaero. I'm currently extending the PtolemyII simulation tool to make it interoperable with a HLA/CERTI Federation.

I already finished a first implementation and developped demos about this work. They are available on the PtolemyII svn tree. I'm visiting the University of California Berkeley right
about this project and to finish its integration.

The Ptolemy team asks me to simplify the deployment phase for the user and to automatize the lunch of HLA demos from Ptolemy models (one Pt. Model = one federate) including the launch of the RTIG. A part of this implementation is already done but I have some difficulties to shutdown the RTIG correctly from the model that has launched the process.

In some case I get an exception from the other federates. It appears that the simulation terminates correctly but sometimes the RTIG is killed before
the other Federates are able to leave the federation.

So, I'm wondering it there is a way to allow the RTIG to finish its execution after the destruction of a federation (maybe based on argument options, etc...).

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Best regards,
Gilles Lasnier.
Postdoctoral Researcher at ISAE