Re: [certi-dev] Certi Uninstall Target

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Certi Uninstall Target
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 12:22:55 +0200

2011/7/25 Charles Lesire-Cabaniols <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> I join a patch that add an 'uninstall' target to the cmake logic, so that
> one can uninstall all the installed files directly from the build directory
> by typing 'make uninstall'.
> Same thing for PyHLA.

Just merged those two.
Thank you Charles.

Techniques is the same as the one explained here:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ#Can_I_do_.22make_uninstall.22_with_CMake.3F

Note that for those who are using DESTDIR, it could be used with the
"uninstall" target as well.

ie.

$ make install DESTDIR=/tmp/whatever
then
$ make uninstall DESTDIR=/tmp/whatever

if DESTDIR used in install and uninstall do not match then you won't uninstall
what you've previously installed. May be nothing or may be something
else (the default install path)
be careful with this.

Another way to do clean install/uninstall for CERTI is to use CPack.
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:CPackPackageGenerators

in your build tree you can do:

cpack -G DEB

will produce a deb package (Debian, Ubuntu, or any Debian-based distros)

cpack -G RPM

will produce an RPM package (RedHat, Fedora, CentOS, OpenSUSE,
Mageia/Mandriva or any RPM-based distros)

then you can use the packaging system for doing clean install/uninstall.

on Windows you can use NSIS CPack generator:

on any platform the "package" target should produce some appropriate
binary package for the
concerned platform.

http://www.april.org