Re: [certi-dev] A question about writing federates

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] A question about writing federates
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 10:01:48 +0200

2011/7/26 鄭力維 <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to writing federates by myself
> but now I have no idea to write the fed file.
>
> Is there any rule or tool about writing fed file?

Yes there are rules.
There is 2 kind of file formats "fed" (HLA 1.3) and "xml" (latest HLA
1.3 and IEEE-1516)
CERTI support both format (provided you did compile CERTI with libxml2 support).

CERTI does not provide any tools for editing fed files (neither fed nor xml)
commercial RTIs (Pitch, MAK, etc...) do.

For HLA 1.3 you can find some tutorial
http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~hla/LectureNotes/refD.pdf

Those files should follow the "HLA OMT=Object Model Template" which is described
in the corresponding documents of the HLA norm (either 1.3 OMT or IEEE 1516.2 )
you may obtain (i.e. pay) the document from IEEE or SISO.

The latest XML schema corresponding to IEEE 1516.2-2010 OMT can be found
(for free) on IEEE site:
http://standards.ieee.org/downloads/1516/1516.1-2010/IEEE1516-FDD-2010.xsd

http://www.april.org