Re: [certi-dev] A problem about CERTI

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] A problem about CERTI
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 12:08:18 +0200

2011/7/19 ��力�S <address@hidden>:
> 2011/7/19 Eric Noulard <address@hidden>
>>
>> 2011/7/19 ��力�S <address@hidden>:
>> > I have a problem when I use CERTI3.4.0
>> >
>> > I have installed CERTI and then type command 'rtig'
>> >
>> > then it showed an error such that 'rtig: error while loading shared
>> > libraries: libCERTId.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file
>> > or
>> > directory'
>> >
>> > I have set USE_FULL_RPATH ON, but it doesn't work
>>
>> After setting USE_FULL_RPATH you should
>>  1) re-run cmake
>>  2) clean-up your build tree (make clean)
>>  3) re-install (make install)
>>
>> > My OS is Fedora
>>
>> Which version?
>> (you can have the version by running 'lsb_release -a'  command)
>
>     fedora 14
>
>> > How should I solve it
>>
>> Without using USE_FULL_RPATH, did you try to:
>>
>> source share/scripts/myCERTI_env.sh
>

>    I'm sorry that I don't understand the meaning of content.

In the same window you are trying to launch CERTI you should
type the following command:

$ source /usr/local/share/scripts/myCERTI_env.sh

this should print out a bunch of messages including something like:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH =  /usr/local/lib:

NOTE THAT if you are root this won't work.

>> in the terminal where you run rtig (or any other CERTI related binary
>> executable)?
>> The script set up LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
>>
>> When you try to run rtig? Are you logged-in as 'root' or some other normal
>> user?
>
>     I run rtig as root and run it in where I install(/usr/local/certi) or
> build directory

You should not run rtig as root.
The dynamic library handling is different for root (for security reason)
which is probably the reason of the failure.

CERTI executable are not meant to be run by root,
in fact you may do that but it's not wise to be root if it's not needed.

If you really need to be root then try to recompile CERTI with STATIC libraries.

Membre de l'April - << promouvoir et défendre le logiciel libre >> -
http://www.april.org