Re: [certi-dev] Questions from a newcomer

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Questions from a newcomer
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 08:15:04 +0200

2011/7/19 John Schroeder <address@hidden>:
> I have been busy reading CERTI documentation.  I have two questions:

Good starter points are:
  - CERTI Install & User doc (generated from source):
           http://www.nongnu.org/certi/certi_doc/index.html
  - CERTI related project:
           http://www.nongnu.org/certi/
  - Articles and Internship report:
           http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/certi/papers/

> 1)  Is the HP-CERTI code base part of the standard open source
> distribution?  The shared memory capability seems ideal for the application
> I am thinking about trying to develop.   If it is not part of the standard
> distribution is it available on request?

Unfortunately HP-CERTI is not in the current CERTI code-base.
This was an experimental research work (done in 2004
see  http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/certi/papers/04F-SIW-014.pdf)
which did not make it to mainstream CERTI due to lack of time.

The old **experimental** code is there:
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/certi/old/certi-SHM-3.0.tar.gz

This oldish code is not "compatible" with current CERTI code base for
many reasons,
we did not get a chance to "restore" it into the current CERTI.

> 2)  Is the tutorial mentioned in one of the CERTI papers the Billards
> application or something else.  If not the Billards application, then how
> would I find the tutorial?

Usually CERTI tutorial means "billard".
Now we have another HLA Tutorial which works with CERTI:
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/certi/contrib/HLA_Tutorial-1.0.1-Source.tar.gz

the latest version is accessible from CVS as well:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/applications/HLA_Tutorial/?root=certi

A generic HLA course as this one:
http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~hla/courses.html

should work with CERTI too.