Re: Questions about CERTI usage and implementation

From: Jean-Yves E. Rousselot
Subject: Re: Questions about CERTI usage and implementation
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 09:34:09 +0200

Christian Stenzel a écrit :
Hello,

today I started first experiments with CERTI.

So first questions and remarks occured, perhaps anyone can answer:

1)
Following situation:

I call createFederationExecution(...). After a successful creation
I call immediately destroyFederationExecution(...).

The destruction of the federation after a successful creation
generates the following error output in rtia:

/*******************************************************************/
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'certi::SecurityError'
Abgebrochen

RTIA has thrown NetworkError exception.
Reason: Connection closed by client.
RTIA: Staying active to destroy federation...
********************************************************************/

rtig reports:

/******************************************************************/
Security Error : Message has a unknown origin.
/******************************************************************/

Should this be the expected behaviour?

I think this is a bug.
When I additionally join the federation and resign the federate from the federation
the behaviour mentioned above do not occur.
Nice.

2)
The location of the fed-File have to be relative to rtig. In my opinion
a relative path to rtia would be a better solution.

No, because the fed-File is shared by all federation and rtig needs it. rtig sends a copy to all rtia during join.
3)
Is it still necessary to "spin" until the join of a federate is successful
(like in Billard class)?

I know, that this was no more required for RTI1.3-NG, .  It was
necessary when using RTI-1.3v6 or lesser because the creation of a federation
needs some time. RTI 1.3-NG was ready to accept joining federates
upon return from the createFederationExecution() invocation.

Christian

Friendly
Jean-Yves