Re: open CERTI task 6911 and 6909

From: Jean-Philippe Lebel
Subject: Re: open CERTI task 6911 and 6909
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 09:37:34 -0400

Hi Guys,

If your are interested in Matlab federate developments, there is some tools around the net.

I developed the HlaToolbox for Matlab and the HlaBlockset for Simulink. Both products supports the full HLA services and is compatible with the majority of the RTI out there (CERTI and Portico included).

If you want a demo or more information, contact me or visit our website Http://www.forwardsim.com

See ya

JPL

Pierre Siron wrote:
Christian Stenzel a écrit :

Hello,

I'm very new here. To get familiar with CERTI Eric
assigned me the tasks 6911 (tutorial) and 6909 (test federates).

I prepared a few slides where I introduce my ideas mainly for
a first tutorial.

Follow this link

http://193.175.118.241/~stenzel/download/CERTI/tutorialCERTI.pdf

and when asked for a user and password type
download
Rs25!

If there are any hints, critque etc. let me know.

Christian

Hello Christian,
I have followed your discussion with Eric and
I really appreciate your contribution plan.

About Matlab and HLA
If I am an old developer of CERTI, I am also an user
of distributed simulation, in particular at SUPAERO
(a french "high school" of Aeronautics and Space).
We have a starting project (probably a collaborative
project) of a distributed simulation platform for
researches and teaching in the field of embedded systems.
We have aleady done some experiments and one case
study was the production of a federate from a simulink
model.
Unfortunately, we have used a tool which is not public.
So we are very interested by your toolbox.
(Could we have more details about it ?
Matlab or Simulink ?
Matlab variables and HLA classes and objects linking ?
Relation between Simulink time and HLA time ?)

About the tutorial proposal
A couple of remarks:
- Is it a CERTI tutorial or a HLA tutorial with CERTI ?
- I can agree that the billard example is rather complex.
The RTI API is hidden in some classes, in fact we have done
a lot of work to find a good structuration (and to encapsulate
the HLA services calls :-) )
- A simple closed loop control is a very good idea and this
example will speak to the Automation community.
It looks like to another example that a PhD student has
developed (from Matlab to Scade but without HLA):
an altitude controller for an airship.
- This example can imply an interesting discussion about
the time (from the continuous system to the discrete system
to the synthesis of a good controller).
- We could keep the billard example for the illustration
of the OSM (written but not on the web site) and DDM
services.

Please, continue your interesting work.
Bien cordialement,
au revoir,