brad

Re: [Brad] Help:Setting up a radiance system--brad

From: Francesco Anselmo
Subject: Re: [Brad] Help:Setting up a radiance system--brad
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 22:46:21 +0100

Hi all!

Thomas, thanks for the detailed explanation,
it saved me quite a bit of typing :)

> 5) When you export the lamp brad creates a reference to the
>     *.rad file and copies it in the export directory. It does
>     not copy the *.dat file which results in an error. You
>     have to do this manually.
>
>     To verify: The file which contains the lamp locations has
>     the extension '.lum'. Open it in a text editor it should
>     contain lines starting with '!xform'. If there is any other
>     content in the file that means the a lamp has been converted
>     from Blender lampdata and the IES data is NOT used.

I've double-checked, and brad _does_ copy the .dat file as well.

The current idea behind the material and luminaires libraries
is that if there is a folder named like the lampdata or the material,
then the one in the library is exported. If not, the code "guesses"
how to export the material or lamp (although I think that export
of "spot" type of lamps is broken ...

Francesco