brad

Re: [Brad] interface demo download

From: Francesco Anselmo
Subject: Re: [Brad] interface demo download
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 23:33:24 +0100

Hi Thomas,

Sorry for not having answered earlier, but my laptop hard-drive
decided to stop working about 3 weeks ago. It took more than 2 weeks
to get a replacement, and a few days to re-install everything
and recover the backed-up data.
It's been extremely annoying, but at least I have enjoyed life
without computers out of working hours ... and even
managed to visit Cornwall ...

Thanks again for sharing your work: I just think your interface
classes are amazing, and can't wait to use them!
Actually, I still need to wait some more time, the hard drive accident
has delayed all my plans, so I won't be able to do anything before
the beginning of November ...
But the new interface will be extremely good-looking :)

> I think this is a good start for the interface part. Now let's
> start working on the backend side: scene abstractions, export
> functionality and flow ...

I'd probably like to start having a look again at some other exporters, like
the yafray one. Maybe UML modeling could help at this stage?
I don't think that I will reuse much of the brad code anyway, just some
ideas about functionalities.

Are you going to the Blender conference in October?
It would be nice to meet at some point, better during the planning stage,
maybe also with Carsten to talk about Radzilla ...

Cheers,

__
Francesco