bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] (Farsi)KDE & Mac OS X

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] (Farsi)KDE & Mac OS X
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 21:43:08 +0200

On Tuesday 20 January 2004 06:10, Arash Zeini wrote:
> Thanks to Ali for submitting these pics.

The Kword pic was nothing extraordinary, I had seen Kword running on Mac
OS X before, and although it's beta, it seems usable. But the second
screenshot is really interesting for me, because it doesn't show just
Konqueror, but also Safari, complete with Farsi menu. I know that
Safari (Mac OS X new browser) is using khtml as it's engine, but it's
interface and GUI is completely different from Konqueror as you can
see. So how come it is also translated to Farsi? I know that we haven't
done the translation, so someone should have translated Safari to
Farsi. Who?

I am really dumb-fonded. How come safari is in Farsi?

If you really think about it from my point of view, by translating KDE
to Farsi, we havent' just created a Farsi environment for Linux, but
also for nearly every Unix. Inclusing OS X. Now all "other" operating
systems have better Farsi support than Windows!!! Truly interesting.

The downside of this screenshot? That the Qt widgets aren't really
polished. Compare Kword with Safari, Qt widgets just look foreign,
although it's running natively. TrollTech should really update Qt for
Mac soon, because currently Qt applications don't look like Mac
applications at all. And experience has shown that Mac users are very
sensitive about user interface, an application which doesn't look like
the rest of the platform, and has a foreign look, never becomes popular
among Mac users.

PS: Arash I think you should add these screenshots to the screenshot
section of farsikde.org They may be interesting for many (remember that
still there are far more Mac users than Linux users).

Cheers
--
<!--  People can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That
is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and

Aryan Ameri