bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] CMS needed

From: Arash Zeini
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] CMS needed
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:07:00 +0330

On Thursday 16 October 2003 08:53, Hossein S. Zadeh wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Arash Zeini wrote:
> > I am not interested in those partly because I know them. I am
> > searching for new CMSs.
> > PHP-Nuke has too many security holes it seems, XOOPS is too "big" for
> > my purpose and I just don't like Postnuke very much. So I thought I
> > can get
>
> Hi there,
> I have started to look into Geeklog (http://www.geeklog.net/). Seems to
> be a reasonable product; although I have not used it extensively to know
> its ins and outs. I am more than interested to hear others' experience
> with it.
>
> I have a "test" installation on http://seven.bf.rmit.edu.au/portal if
> you want to have a play (I am providing this in good faith, please don't
> make me regret this ;-)  ).
>
> cheers,
> Hossein

So it seems that you are looking at the same things as I am. Did you have a
look at the URL Mehrdad sent? At drop.org there is a very interesting
comparison of different CMS products:

http://www.drop.org/node.php?id=1010

I found the information very useful. After reading the discussion and
considering my own experience with different CMS products I will give
Drupal a try on my box and if I can get along with it, upload it to the
server.
I am all in all happy with XOOPS but would rather get to know some new
product.
I had a fast look at your site and geeklog.net too. Geeklog seems to be
nice too. Have a look at www.drupal.org. This seems to be a thoughtfully
made project too.

Greetings,
Arash