bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Resolution Change?

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Resolution Change?
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 02:47:30 +0300

On Saturday 31 May 2003 02:28, Hossein S. Zadeh wrote:
> On Fri, 30 May 2003, Payam bahraini wrote:
> > I'm using KDE 2.2.1 with RedHat 7.2. Where can I
> > change my display resolution and settings?
>
> Hi there,
> I don't know if you can do this directly in KDE.

It doesn't have anything to do with KDE. Fact is XFree86 untill very
recently didn't support changing resoloution on the fly, so in XFree86
you had to shutdown X in order to change settings, and then start it
again. This _change_in_the_fly thing was only recently added to XFree86
4.3 So the KDE and Gnome guys couldn't implement such a feature because
X didn't support it.

Now that XFree86 supports it, the KDE guys are implementing it, and KDE
3.2 will have such a feature.

--
/* There is SCO owned IP all over the Linux kernel. SCO will hunt them.
Free software infidels are liars. We will kill them all, and roast their

Aryan Ameri