bbdb-user

did I hose my bbdb? (wrong-type-argument arrayp s)

From: Gijs Hillenius
Subject: did I hose my bbdb? (wrong-type-argument arrayp s)
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2018 10:24:45 +0100

I might have had my fingers in a knot two days ago, and as a result
bbdb is acting up. Or perhaps something else?

This is on Debian unstable, using emacs-snapshot from secretsauce

This is the error I see when I do M-x bbdb (enter) with emacs-snapshot
--q, *and also* with emacs-snapshot --debug-init (1).

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument arrayp s)
  bbdb-parse-records()
  bbdb-buffer()
  bbdb("" multi-line)
  funcall-interactively(bbdb "" multi-line)
  call-interactively(bbdb record nil)
  command-execute(bbdb record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "bbdb" "bbdb")
  funcall-interactively(execute-extended-command nil "bbdb" "bbdb")
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
  command-execute(execute-extended-command)

This is the error I see after loading my usual init file:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument sequencep s)
  bbdb("" multi-line)
  funcall-interactively(bbdb "" multi-line)
  call-interactively(bbdb record nil)
  command-execute(bbdb record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "bbdb" nil)
  funcall-interactively(execute-extended-command nil "bbdb" nil)
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
  command-execute(execute-extended-command)

There are no changes in my init.el from 3 or 4 December.

I get this error with the snapshot from 2018-12-02 and also with
preciding one from 2018-11-18.

And, lastly, I get the error with a backup bbdb from the day before.

1) emacs-snapshot does not seem to do anything with
--debug-init ; I have to go to the option menu and tick 'enter debugger
on error' there.