[Axiom-mail] Problem with real/imag/conjugate

From: Arnold Doray
Subject: [Axiom-mail] Problem with real/imag/conjugate
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 22:28:31 +0800

I get the wrong answer for real/imag for some forms of complex numbers.
For example:

are both equivalent, but imag/real gives complex (and incorrect) answers
for "a" (ie, real(a) and imag(a) are both complex), but I get the right
answers for "b". Also "conjugate" fails on both with an error message.

Am I missing something here?

I am using Axiom compiled from the latest "Gold" source.

Thanks,
Arnold