[Axiom-mail] texmacs interface

From: Andrea Gamba
Subject: [Axiom-mail] texmacs interface
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 09:40:59 +0100

I have found a bug in the texmacs interface: at the end of a particular sequence
of commands (which works perfectly from the terminal) in an axiom sessions one
gets
generic axiom program roman 10 [busy]

and no result is given (should be 1) or prompt returned.

The sequence of commands is

Dx:LODO(EXPR INT, f +->D(f, x)) Mx:LODO(EXPR INT, f +->D(f, x))
Dx:=D()
Mx:=x
Dx*Mx-Mx*Dx

I guess it must have something to do with uncorrect parsing of the axiom
messages.

By the way, these messages are filtered away by the interface, is there a way
to have them printed instead?

I am using texmacs 1.07 installed from rpm with alien on ubuntu intrepid, and
axiom (july 2008) compiled from source and run using the infamous echo 0 >/proc/sys/kernel/randomize_va_space
trick (without which it was impossible to have axiom working on ubuntu; took a
long time to discover).

Andrea