Re: [Axiom-mail] r*r^(k-1) -> r^k / Declaring variable ranges

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] r*r^(k-1) -> r^k / Declaring variable ranges
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 00:58:24 -0400

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Gerald Knizia wrote:
> On Thursday 19 June 2008 00:49, you wrote:
>> One easy way is using a rule: [...]
>
> Thank you for your help :].

You are welcome.

> I'm just starting to learn using Axiom.

Great. axiom-mail is a good place to ask user questions. You might
also want to check:

http://axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org

Actually your question about "declaring variable ranges" has been the
subject of several longer and more detailed discussion in the email
archives under the subject of "indefinities". E.g.

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2006-09/msg00549.html
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2008-05/msg00062.html
http://axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org/SandBoxSymbolic

There have been some proposals, but so far there is not complete
solution to this yet in Axiom.

Regards,
Bill Page.