[Axiom-mail] Any computational number theorists here?

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: [Axiom-mail] Any computational number theorists here?
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:59:17 +1000

I'm trying to implement Lenstra's elliptic curve method for factorization; so far I have implemented "phase 1" using two methods: the standard projective coordinate system; and the Montgomery-Suyama parameterization.  I'd like to get the latter working, but at the moment it works very poorly.  The first method seems to work OK.

Does anybody know enough about this area to give me a hand?  Then we could add it to the integer factorization routine, which is pretty under-powered.

Thanks,
Alasdair