[Axiom-mail] Axiom under windows - curious error

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: [Axiom-mail] Axiom under windows - curious error
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 23:09:44 +1000

I've installed Axiom 0.1.4 on an oldish machine running Win 2000 Pro.  It starts and works fine, but when I switch users and try to start it again, I am told:

"Error: Cannot open the file C:/msys/1.0/home/bpage/axiom--windows--1/mnt/window
/algebra/compress.daase.
Fast links are on: do (si::use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Error signalled by SYSTEM:TOP-LEVEL.
Broken at APPLY.  Type :H for Help.
BOOT>>"

What is going on?  I installed the entire Axiom tree in drive F:, far away from users' home directories, and both users are administrators.  I suppose, Bill, that "bpage" is you?  Then it's all YOUR fault!  (Just kidding).  But I would like to know how to get around this behaviour.

Thanks,
Alasdair