Re: [Axiom-mail] [Fwd: [Axiom-developer] FC5 success (well sort of)]

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] [Fwd: [Axiom-developer] FC5 success (well sort of)]
Date: 05 Aug 2006 16:46:03 +0200

"Raymond E. Rogers" <address@hidden> writes:

| Attached is an email I  previously sent 4/2006.  Most likely it
| doesn't contain anything new (or possibly relevant).
| I haven't been following the conversation in detail;
|  and have had distractions from participating.
|
| I am doing copies to all since I understand that the axiom-mail has
| enforced new reply policies.

There has been some traffic issues with axiom-mail these last days.
Those issues will go away very soon.

[...]

| ********************
|
| To get a functioning axiom on Fedora 5 as of 4/10/06
| *****************
| root
| libXpm.a is missing from the DVD install
| get libXpm from
| http://mirror.mcs.anl.gov/fedora-linux-core/5/source/SRPMS/
| do a build and install.

We probably need to put a release note or an FAQ or something like to
the effect that Xpm might be missing depending on the system
installation options.

Long term, we need to figure out why we do need Xpm and work that in
details.

| Of course it goes to different place,
| Apparently they changed to X11R7 and put it in /usr/local/lib/
| for now:
| ln -s /usr/local/lib/libXpm.a  /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.a

That might appear working, but I don't recommend fiddling with the
system that way.

Futhermore, any make sure that explicitly specifies libXpm.a (or
similar libraries), is fundamentally troublesome.

I'm working on the Autoconf conversion, which shortly will make most
of thse issues moot.

-- Gaby