[Axiom-mail] Axiom Portal test web site updated with bibliography and mu

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-mail] Axiom Portal test web site updated with bibliography and multilin gual interface
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 06:51:18 -0400

Dear Axiom (and Reduce) Users:

I have installed the CMFBibliography package on the test
version of the Axiom portal web site. This package allows
you to enter or upload "bibtex" style literature references,
to search for these and to download bibtex format references
for inclusion in papers etc. See:

  http://test.axiom-developer.org/refs

I have loaded approximately 150 entries for Axiom from
Nelson Beebe's circa 2002 bibliography and over 900 entries
for Reduce from the Reduce web site (most of which were
also collected by Beebe). These references include papers
where a research made use of Axiom or Reduce for specific
applications.

You can search for references based on words from the
title, the authors, the abstract etc. For example, keying

  general relativity

into the Search box on the upper right produces a list of
16 references and 2 wiki pages.

These bibliographic entries are editable - if you are logged
in to the portal. Please feel free to update them if you have
new or more complete information about these entries. And
also to add new entries.

-------

You will also notice that it is now possible to set the
user language of the portal to English, French, German,
Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish. Support for
multiple languages is a feature of Plone. You can set the
language preferences in your browser and Plone will
automatically display your preferred language (if it is
available). Additional languages can be added later.
Please let me know if you have any trouble with this or
if you find seriously incorrect or missing translations.

There is another Plone feature called I18N which permits
one to store different language versions of selected web
pages and to serve these pages in the language of choice
of the user. I have not yet installed this feature on the
Axiom portal test system, but if there is some interest in
this I can do so quite easily.

As usual if you have some spare time, I would really
appreciate it if you could try out these new features and
give me some feedback - comments like: good, bad and
suggestions. If there are no major problems, this is will
be migrated to the main Axiom Portal web site later this
week.

Regards,
Bill Page.