Re: [Axiom-mail] Help with AXIOM

From: Elias P. TSIGARIDAS
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Help with AXIOM
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:37:03 +0200

For the moment i will use
)set message time on
which is the easier and the faster solution for me :-)

I will try the other way with the package of Renaud after Wednesday
because i have a deadline then....

Thank you all very much for you help

--Elias

David MENTRE wrote:

Hello Elias,

"Elias P. TSIGARIDAS" <address@hidden> writes:

I read data from a file and i do computations. I just want to measure
the computation time

Ok.
First solution: use previously mentioned ")set message time on".

Second solution: update Renaud's TIMER package.
http://ftp.lip6.fr/lip6/softs/formel/Axiom/Misc/timer.spad.gz

GCTIME should be replaced by GCL SI::GBC-TIME (thank you Camm).
 Function: GBC-TIME (&optional x)
     Package:SI

 Sets the internal C variable gc_time to X if X is supplied and then
 returns gc_time. If gc_time is greater or equal to 0, then gc_time is
 incremented by the garbage collector, according to the number of
 internal time units spent there. The initial value of gc_time is -1.

I tried to update the package but there is an issue with the SI:: common
lisp package prefix.

Either I use SI_:_:GBC_-TIME()$Lisp syntax, the code compiles but Axiom
compiler produces |SI::GBC-TIME| symbol which is not recognized as GCL
function.

Or either I use SI::GBC_-TIME()$Lisp syntax but in the case the code
does not compile.

Another point is that a command like ")lisp (si::gbc-time 0)" should be
entered at package initialization to enable gbc-time computation.

Last point, one should use INTERNAL-TIME-UNITS-PER-SECOND from Lisp to
get the transform returned number into seconds.

Constant: INTERNAL-TIME-UNITS-PER-SECOND
    Package:LISP The number of internal time units that fit into a second.

Sorry, I cannot help you further, what your are asking is beyond my
knowledge. As he proposed to you, Tim will help you.

Yours,
d.

--

|  Elias P. TSIGARIDAS        ////               |